- About Us
- Our Physicians
- Clinical Trials
- Patient Support
- Information About Cancer
- News Room
Teaching patients how to look their best. Please join us for our next meeting.
Click a physician's photo to view a detailed biography
• Undergraduate: University of Tennessee
• Medical School: University of Tennessee, Memphis
• Internship and Residency: Methodist Hospital, Memphis
• Fellowship: Hematology/Oncology, Duke University Medical Center
• Specialty Boards: Board Certified in Medical Oncology and Hematology
Dr. Carter, an oncologist who has practiced in Tennessee for more than two decades, joined The Family Cancer Center in the fall of 2009. Before coming to the Family Cancer Center, Dr. Carter was with the Mid-South Cancer Center in Germantown and the Knoxville Cancer Center.
Dr. Carter is Board Certified in Medical Oncology and Hematology. He completed his Residency in Internal Medicine at Methodist Hospital, in Memphis and his Fellowship in Hematology/Oncology at Duke University Medical Center in Durham, North Carolina. Born in Oklahoma, Dr. Carter graduated with high honors from the University of Tennessee and received his medical degree from the University of Tennessee Center for Health Sciences in 1979.